Friday, July 15, 2011

Paintover for Kevin

Yo, so I originally did a paintover of Kevin's female figure.  I dont'know if any of you all saw it, but it was pretty terrible. So I re-did it.  Here's the updated version.  So basically, I took Kevin's design and re-interpretted but with proportion, anatomy, gesture integrated.  I tried experimenting with color a little too.  For the cast shadows, I added a little green just to hint a little bounced light.  I'm still not too happy with how this came out though.  I can't figure out what's wrong with it.  I think the colors might be unbalanced, too much saturation coupled with not enough in some areas perhaps.  If you all have suggestions, by all means say them.  btw, this took about 3 hours to do.  Anyway, man.  I can't stress it enough.  Learn anatomy!

2 comments:

  1. Damn good stuff Jeff. I think the only problem might be just the original silhouette. If I squint at this and imagine this in black and white, she might just look fat from the waist down. haha. Other than that, the form is great. I have a lot to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you might be righ. This is one of those pieces that look good up close, but looks kinda weak from far away. I'm sure the problem has alot to do with color and value, but silhouette is most likely another isssue.

    ReplyDelete